Fabulous Party Makeup
Written by Kimberly in: Makeup 30 Nov 2010
It’s party time! I hope you have many evenings filled with cocktails and glamorous attire… now we just has to make sure your makeup matches your dress. Party time is the perfect time to go all out and glam it up! Don’t hold anything back… there are no rules, anything goes!
If you’re a makeup diva, (like me!) then this is your moment to bring it on! Let it sparkle and shine! If you’re not, then that’s okay too. I’m here to help you with a few tips to help you become the Belle of the Ball.
Of course you want your makeup to be more dramatic than your daytime look. That means deep shades, darker colors and adding shimmer and sparkle. If you’re not used to wearing a lot of makeup, then I would pick either your eyes or your lips and play them up. The easiest of the two is going to be your lips. Here’s a quick how to:
- Do your foundation, concealer and powder as usual.
- Keep the eyes simple with soft, shimmering eye shadows (something with a little glitter would be fun!) in either gold or silver tones.
- Add a liquid or gel eyeliner on your upper lash line and wing it out slightly at the ends.
- Add at least two coats of black mascara.
- Apply your blush next, but add a little but more then you would for daytime and follow with a highlighter (again, something a bit glittery would be fabulous) along the tops of your cheek bones as well as your brow bone.
- Line your lips with a nude lip liner and feather in your entire lip.
- Now apply a deep red, burgundy, or plum lipstick to your lips.
- Finish with a little lipgloss on top.
Classic, elegant and gorgeous!
Now let’s talk about how to play up your eyes… in this case, a smokey eye is a must! Here’s how:
- Do your foundation as usual and then apply an eyeshadow base and let it set before you put on your eyeshadow.
- Apply a neutral, champagne color all over your lid and up to your brow.
- Next apply a medium toned color (in gray, plum, or brown) in your crease and blend.
- Then use a black eyeliner pencil to line the outer corner of your eye.
- Now apply a very dark shade (It could be black, charcoal, deep plum or brown. Whatever you want!) in the outer corner of your eye in a “V” shape and blend.
- To make your eyes smokey, apply the dark eyeshadow right on top of your pencil liner with a small brush, Q-tip, or even the sponge applicator and blend, or “smoke” it out so you don’t see where it stops and starts. I also like to add a little of the lightest color on the inner corner of my eye to help brighten and open up my eyes.
- Next, add several generous coats of mascara. Again, apply your blush a little darker than you do for everyday.
- Add some highlighter to the tops of your cheeks as well as your brow bone.
- Apply a nude lip liner on your lips and feather them in all the way and follow with a lovely, nude gloss. Smoldering and sexy!
Since this is evening makeup we’re talking about, you absolutely could play up both your eyes and your lips (you know I would!) This is just some pointers on what you could do, but I hope you make it your own and most of all, have fun!